The Paladins Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The goal of this community is to have fun, improve our skills, and promote a positive gaming environment. We are a friendly community of Gamers. Our in-game tag is Paladin.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Men of War

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Paladin Varangian
Paladin Varangian

Men of War Empty
PostSubject: Men of War   Men of War I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 8:34 am

A topic about Men of War.

Basically Men of War is a game where you build troops with Command Points(which regain over time) and use them to kill your opponent. But it is not as simple as it sounds. First off, you have to enjoy the game to the fullest. I often leave missions half-way done so i don't get too tired(warning - do not do more than 2 missions in a row. You get headache.) of playing. The missions are often very complicated and you have to put effort to them, and that's why i advise you to keep a safe limit of two when playing the missions.

Men of War has a healthy multiplayer community. The multiplayer mode has a few normal gamemodes: Battle, CTF, Battle Zones. In Battle Zones you have to hold certain points of the map to gain points and ultimately win the game. Victory Flag is another gamemode related to Battle Zones, but it has only one flag in the middle of the map. This often causes lots of fighting around the center. There was a time when you couldn't see the ground because of dead bodies in a 3v3 game. Last one is Frontline, where 2 players defend against 2 players. The attacking side has unlimited resources and defenders have limited, so basically the defenders have to slow the attackers down long enough for the timer to run out. When the defenders win or attackers win they will change sides, so the former attackers now defend and vice versa. This is a gamemode which involves a lot of teamplay, and i hope we can arrange some matches inside this community.

Men of War has an expansion called Assault Squad. It is a standalone expansion with skirmish missions for all 5 main WWII factions. It also has a growing MP community. I have not yet tested it's multiplayer, but i highly recommend you to try it. It also has much better multiplayer modes, they are basically the same but just improved a lot. Frontline has went through the most changes, and now it is a very good mode where you really can attack. In the original MoW the frontline games just turned into a huge minefield, so perhaps a gentleman rule for our games would be to limit the use of engineers.

What do you think? Post your thoughts, ideas, comments, experiences.

Back to top Go down
Paladin Seth
Admin
Admin
Paladin Seth

Men of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Men of War   Men of War I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 4:31 pm

How is the game by the way? I don't have it, so I can't get into that until I get the game.
Back to top Go down
https://paladinsgaming.forumotion.com
Paladin Varangian
Paladin Varangian

Men of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Men of War   Men of War I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 8:48 pm

Don't worry, the game should be about 20 euros if you order it from a store.
Back to top Go down
Paladin Seth
Admin
Admin
Paladin Seth

Men of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Men of War   Men of War I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 8:51 pm

Unfortunately I am broke lol, so I will buy the game once I get money.
Back to top Go down
Paladin Varangian
Paladin Varangian

Men of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Men of War   Men of War I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 11:14 am

Well, you can torrent the game easily and play multiplayer with hamachi, or just play single-player. Allied campaign is the most difficult, i haven't even got through the first mission.
Back to top Go down
Paladin Seth
Admin
Admin
Paladin Seth

Men of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Men of War   Men of War I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 5:08 pm

Heh. lol! Nice pic by the way. I looked up Men of War and I have to say, it sure is intresting. I will definitely be considering to get this game and implement our community in it.
Back to top Go down
Paladin Varangian
Paladin Varangian

Men of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Men of War   Men of War I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 10:50 pm

Well, what do you expect.

In the allied first mission you have to

1. get through 50 germans with 4 troops, run to the end of the town from the start of it and meet a french resistance guy

2. attack and defend a factory which is guarded by 20 germans(you get resistance fighters at this point)

3. face a really bad counterattack, halftracks tanks hundreds of men and defend that with only three MG's and a few men.
Back to top Go down
Paladin Seth
Admin
Admin
Paladin Seth

Men of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Men of War   Men of War I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 10:55 pm

Meh, sounds too hard even when I read it. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Men of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Men of War   Men of War I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Men of War
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Paladins Gaming Community :: Paladin Square-
Jump to: